Cultural Performing Arts Network
Cultural Performing Arts Network (CPAN)
Cultural Performing Arts Network is a network of greater Sydney based performers that are from culturally diverse communities or work in culturally specific art forms.
CPAN has a commitment to supporting and promoting culturally specific and folkloric performing arts groups and individuals. Currently, it is supported by Parramatta City Council hosted by FORM Dance Projects and is based in Parramatta.
Information sharing forms an important part of CPAN’s work and aims to promote culturally diverse arts and its legitimate place within broader contemporary Australian arts practice. The database now represents over 300 cultural performers representing 47 groups and/or individuals across Western and greater Sydney from diverse cultural backgrounds including Indian, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Iraqi, Chinese, Lebanese, Sudanese, Burundian, Rwandan, Peruvian, Colombian, Chilean, Argentinian, Armenian and Polish.
Fairfield City Council, FORM Dance Projects, Community First Step and University of Western Sydney initiated the network in 2009 out of a need by community groups to gain greater access to mainstream activities in the arts. In December 2009 a Terms of Reference for a Network was developed. In 2010 the University of Western Sydney offered support through providing a part-time intern dedicated to CPAN administrative and marketing duties.
Membership is free of charge and is open to all performance-based groups and organisations and individuals that have a commitment to the purpose of the Network as stated above.
As a member you receive;
- Events’ listing that outlines the names and contact details of various events, showcases and performance opportunities in Sydney and ACT.
- Grants’ listing and support writing grant applications.
- Every year CPAN hosts a FREE workshop where members can participate and meet other artists, CPAN administrators and industry and corporate professionals.
- Opportunities to develop their skills in computing, marketing and/or digital media.
- A Quarterly E-Bulletin that outlines upcoming events, opportunities and news, presents tips from professionals and profiles members.
- Weekly Email Updates with the latest news, events and opportunities. This is a free service for members to promote their shows and services.
Click here to download a membership form