Big Dance in Small Chunks
Dancers: (left to right) Carl Sciberras, Anya Mckee, Leeke Griffin, Marnie Palomares, Katina Olsen, Miranda Wheen, Sophia Ndaba, Jenni Large, Rosslyn Wythes, Matt Cornell
Photo: Anya Mckee & Dance Makers Collective
This is the premiere performance of the Dance Makers Collective. Ten dance artists present nine new and exciting short works – explosive dance in tiny bursts. Featuring a live dance and film work about boxing people in; a solo dancer orbiting a flautist and animator; and a group performance by nine dancers taking charge of their voices. Choreographers, dancers, filmmakers, musicians, visual artists, lighting and set designers team up to transform the theatre space into a constantly evolving visual landscape where anything can happen.
The Dance Makers Collective is an initiative that has been set up to accommodate young and emerging dance artists working in Sydney. It provides a network of dancers and collaborators as a base of support and exchange, where positive working relationships can be established to help build sustainable careers in dance.
Want to know more about DMC? Take a look here – http://vimeo.com/57970680
Support DMC’s POZIBLE CROWD-FUNDING CAMPAIGN here!
DMC tote bags are also available for purchase, thanks to http://www.cubicpromote.com.au/ – email email@example.com to order!
- Choreography, Direction and Performers: Matt Cornell, Jenni Large, Anya Mckee, Sophia Ndaba, Melanie Palomares, Katina Olsen, Marnie Palomares, Carl Sciberras, Miranda Wheen and Rosslyn Wythes
- Producer: Dance Makers Collective
- Visual Artist: Todd Fuller
- Set Construction: Erth Visual & Physical Inc.
- Lighting Design: Guy Harding
- Composers: Cyrus Meurant, Mitchell Mollison, Gavin Clarke, George Capelas, James Brown
- Location: Lennox Theatre, Riverside
- Date: 23 – 26 October 2013, 8PM
- Learn the repertoire: Thursday 24 October 10AM See the show: 12.30PM Matinee with Q & A
- Tickets: Adult $28* / Concession $25*
- School Tickets: Workshop & Show $25 / Show Only $20
*Transaction fees apply